What's Up in the Blogosphere

>> Monday, January 30, 2006

Blogs have come a long way in the few short years of it's existence. Somehow these "popularity" votes remind me of search engines that just don't have it all right, just yet. Although some blogs actually do have great content, I believe some of them just don't know what they are talking about. These blogs are just out there to gain popularity and hopefully make a bit of quick cash along the way. I see wanting to gain attention just fine, as long as it doesn't look like a search I did on google this weekend...

I did a google search for "unfinished furniture" in Vancouver. I'm not really sure what you need to do to actually get up a site that isn't a complete ad, but that was the case over the weekend. Falling way short of my "ok" rating, I went directly to the yellow pages to get a better search.

I'm not sure what it will take to get on par for searches but there surely is a link between bad content and bad blogs. People are still abusing the system to be popular instead of winning fans from what they are really talking about. Hopefully this problem will be ironed out in time, but for now I'm not a fan of either...

0 comments: