HTML Trick to Keep Out Spammers

>> Wednesday, February 09, 2005

As most of you know, or might not know, it is highly recommended that you do not post your email address on your web pages because of the likely hood of being subjected to unwanted spam emails.

I've been searching for something that can help me get spammed by these guys even after I have removed my address. I guess I haven't been able to remove all of my pages with those email addresses. So here is a quick solution to help people out who have that same problem I do....

The following script will
prevent address-collecting robots. This Free JavaScript
is provided by "The JavaScript Source."
http://javascriptsource.com


Copy the Entire following code, first
into your text editor
to keep the code pure. Then "re-copy" and
paste into the
Body of your HTML document where you want your
email address to read:
=============
Start On Next Line-->


<script language="JavaScript">
<!-- Original: CDR Software -->
<!-- Web Site: http://www.cdrsoft.com -->
<!-- This script and many more are available free
online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com
-->
<!-- Begin
user = "username";
site = "yoursite.com";
document.write('<a href=\"mailto:' + user +
'@' + site + '\">');
document.write(user + '@' + site + '</a>');

// End -->
</script>


<--End On Previous Line
====================

Please Note:
Where it says "username" enter the prefix
of your email address.
Where it says "yoursite.com" enter your domain
name.


0 comments: