Do Our Dreams Change with Success?

>> Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I've always had a life long dream to live in the South of France or Switzerland, growing old with my significant other, kids being bilingual - Taking it all in, traveling by train, bike or car to other areas in Europe, and just enjoy living the "easy going" European lifestyle....

I'm not sure when I will actually fully accomplish this dream, but I’ve often found that my dreams, aspirations and ambitions have changed over time. I know what is important to me now was definitely not important to me in my younger 20's.

For most of my friends, their dreams and ambitions change because of financial difficulities, worries about pension, politics, its either one thing or another – something or everything seems to get in the way, but their dreams are nothing like mine....

I guess this is one way that sets me apart from others, I don't care what other people say about my dreams. I have taken up the spontaneous "get up and do it" approach. I completely ignore people as they have been wrong before so what makes the possibility of them being wrong once again???

MY attitude is possitive and filled with words like: “I can do this” and “I am good", and “I know I can reach my goals. I am the best in what I do, because I believe I can achieve my ambitions.”

Belief, passion, and desire are all interlinked. Success can be anything you want it to be. You don’t need to live up to someone else's ideals in order to reach your goals and accomplish your dreams in life.

If you find yourself surrounded by negative thinking people, then you have to make a decision, either you get rid of them. Surround yourself with more positive minded people in your life. I know I sadly had to make that decision and although it hurt to really make life altering decisions, it was the best thing I could have done for myself.

How do you attract other "positive" minded people?

Networking is the key. About 60-70% of the people that go to networking events are really positive. They either want to know what the buzz is, or they might need your help.

Networking with new friends, be it for business venture, or for some other reason will really help, also going to the gym and getting some fresh air walking or jogging is good because you will often see the same people and can treat it as a networking event.

If you feel uncomfortable, or lack the confidence to do it, then you have to face this fear - be a character that is close to what you’d like to be.... It is all a lesson of what your weaknesses really are and what you know you need to improve upon in your life.

Surround yourself with those people who will always want to be happy, interested in listening - make an effort to ask a good question and listen to what the other person is saying...

Learn how to hand out your business card – repeating this process breeds recognition.

I’d say the networking breed applies true to life. If you want it, get it - you need it, ask for it - if you believe it, it will happen. You have to believe in yourself, believe in your skills, put faith in the actions you take and follow them up. Why wait 10 years to earn the money, the respect that you deserve today?

Without networking, you may spend 10, 20 years in the same job on the earning the same low pay taking no risks, knowing nobody except clients – Start yourself to a networking success now and get your dreams on track, make it happen!

0 comments: